Version 1.2 of the Mobile Money API has seen the introduction of a number of changes that increase deliver new features and increase consistency.
- New API to allow mobile money customer accounts to be created.
- Mobile Money customer accounts can also be updated in certain circumstances, for example, to update the KYC verification status of a customer.
- Ability to update the status of a transaction to support two stage transaction processing.
- Mobile Money operators can now submit bill payments to service providers without a bill reference.
- Bill Payments can now be retrieved from a service provider.
- Usage of date fields have now been harmonised across APIs with consistent usage of creation, modification, and request dates.
- New fields Quotations and Transactions to identify origination and destination of the request.
- Improvements to API readability with harmonised ordering of fields and additional API and field descriptions.